Friday, April 30, 2010

What I'd like to write

I mentioned a few weeks ago that I was all stressed out about the NSF reporting because it reminds me of all of the things I haven't done yet. Here's what I'd like to write for my broader impacts:

I maintain a pseudonymous blog about being a grad student in ecology and evolutionary biology. The blog has a small but dedicated audience, as well as several one-time visitors who arrive through internet searches, and received an average of 28 visitors per day from May 2009- April 2010. During that time I wrote 194 posts. Through this blog and pseudonymous persona, I participate in discussions related to the experiences of women in science and the challenges of field work in particular, and have corresponded with several individuals interested in pursuing careers in ecology. I have also used the blog to raise awareness of environmental issues, useful research tools, and opportunities within biology.

Oh well. I just wrote it here instead!

1 comment:

EcoGeoFemme said...

There have been many times I've wanted to tell people about my blog for similar reasons. Or like yesterday, when I was taught html and caught on really, really fast. I couldn't exactly say that I already knew a little bit from my anonymous blog!