Thursday, May 17, 2007

The purpose of this blog is to...

allow me to anonymously share my experiences in graduate school. In August 2007 I will begin a Ph.D. program in Ecology at U of Big City. At this point I have no reason to hide my identity but I believe that having an anonymous blog will allow me to be more forthright about my experiences. It's going to be a long road. A Ph.D. in ecology in the U.S. takes an average of 5-7 years. I want to be share my thoughts without them turning up in a Google search for my name.

I plan to blog about the whole experience, from application to receipt of degree. Perhaps some other person thinking about going to grad school in ecology will find this useful (or at least mildly interesting). If you like what you read, please pass the blog along.

Names will be changed to protect the innocent. I couldn't come up with a clever pseodonym that wasn't really dorky (I decided against Cy Intist), so you can just know me as Karina.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Karina, I co-edit a blog called The Muddy Scientist which sets out to show the lighter side of science and I just wanted to ask if you had any funny anecdotes you would like to submit for inclusion.

The blog is relatively new and gathering together content is taking a while but we hope it will gradually pick up pace as word spreads.

Your blog and yourself will be fully credited and linked.

Please email me at themuddyscientist@hotmail.com if you would like more information or to submit a funny story.

The blog can be viewed at: http://themuddyscientist.wordpress.com/