Monday, May 25, 2009

Cautious optimism

It's just after 10 am on Monday morning and I'm mostly through steps 3 and 4! I brought all the necessary paperwork to an office this morning and the man I spoke with said step 4 would be completed and ready for me to pick up tomorrow morning! Step 3 organization confirmed by email that they have received all of the necessary paperwork and will let me know when it's ready.

This leaves me cautiously optimistic that I may have all the paperwork I need to begin my research by Tuesday or Wednesday. Then I could leave for Nyota!

This morning at breakfast I met an anthropologist who did her dissertation work in Ukenzagapia. She said she expects to accomplish only one thing each day here, and was impressed at how quickly I was able to complete step 2. It feels good to be making progress.

No comments: