Saturday, February 9, 2008

Working weekend

Jon is gone all weekend so I'm using my distraction-free weekend to do a lot of work. Once again I have tons of reading to do for next week. I think this is going to be true for the whole semester. I also have 60 lab reports to grade. I've been tackling them in small batches since last night so today's activities have looked something like this:

-grade a report while eating breakfast
-read email and blogs
-grade a report
-run
-shower
-eat lunch
-grade 2 reports
-read for game theory
-talk on the phone
-grade a report
-surf the web for potential field sites
-fall asleep on the couch for an unknown period of time
-do dishes
-grade 2 reports

I think this method is working well because I haven't gotten burnt out on reading them for any stretch of time. I can also use finishing a report to give myself a little break or reward. My goal is to have at least half of the reports graded this weekend.

No comments: