Sunday, February 24, 2008

Contingency planning

Now that I think I know where I'm going, I can start working on those grants whose deadlines are rapidly approaching. A bit too rapidly. In fact, I'm going to have to go into overdrive to make the deadlines I think, because Herb and Leo both need to be able to read my proposal before they can write (modify) a letter of recommendation for me. Eek. I feel bad that I didn't think about that further in advance.

This whole funding thing is very complicated. What if I get A and C funds but not B? Or only B? What should I put in the budget for D so I that I have enough money for basic supplies if I don't get A but don't request money for the same things from A and D so that I'm not double-requesting?

Honestly, I don't know what I'm going to do if I don't get the NSF GRF. That makes life even more complicated. I thought it was going to be cathartic to write about this stuff but I think it just stressed me out more.

Really I should have just written a post about what a domestically productive weekend I had. I did 6 loads of laundry, baked cookies, and made yogurt. I totally made yogurt! Now I need an academically productive week to go with my domestically productive weekend.

No comments: