Friday, January 2, 2009

checked out!

I've been totally checked out of most things academic since the day after my committee meeting. We hosted a party, went to a party, barely cleaned up from our party, stayed up late playing Settlers of Catan, left for Jon's Hometown, celebrated Christmas with his family, went to see my family, celebrated Christmas and my birthday a few times, and made it home on New Year's Eve. I brought along a modest stack of articles to read during our travels, which I promptly forgot about and thus never read. I didn't do a damn work-related thing. So, with many deadlines looming this spring I've got a lot of work to do and it's time for me to check back in.

I've also really checked out on blogs and blogging too. I have a record 412 unread feeds and barely posted since the aforementioned committee meeting. But, I'm not going to apologize for any of this. It is what it is. Now I've got to get back to work!

No comments: