Sunday, March 9, 2008

Time spent on teaching

I would've posted more this weekend but our internet has been a real PITA. It works intermittently and unpredictably. I hope it works long enough for me to write this post.

For the past two weeks I have been keeping track of my time spent on teaching using a program called WorkTimer. Here's the breakdown so far.

Week 1: Feb 23-29
This was a very light grading week (one small assignment for one section)
3 hours and 15 minutes on class prep, grading, student emails, and student meetings outside office hours.
6 hours in the classroom
3 hours in TA meetings & office hours
Total: 12 hours and 15 minutes

Week 2: March 1-7
Another relatively light grading week (one small assignment for both sections) because I didn't get to grading their lab reports.
4 hours and 15 minutes on class prep, grading, student emails, and student meetings outside office hours.
7 hours in the classroom
3 hours in TA meetings & office hours
Total: 14 hours and 15 minutes

So far this weekend I've spent over 4 hours on grading alone, so this week will have significantly more hours than the past two.

No comments: