Monday, March 10, 2008

My body isn't on DST

Last night I forgot to turn on my alarm (I did set it) and couldn't fall asleep until 2 am. Consequently, I woke up at 11 am today. Yikes! Thankfully, I have nothing until noon on Mondays, and I made it to school at 11:35. I love living close to school. Still, I got a late start on the day which is not what I'd planned. Even when I don't have anything until later I try to get to school by 9 am.

Today I had a TA meeting, a pop quiz to administer, a meeting with Chip, and a meeting with the campus computer people to resolve a printing issue. As a result, I didn't have any length of time to think and work for more than 20 minutes until 4:20 this afternoon. Again, not what I'd planned.

I'm working on yet another funding application this week. I think I'm going to start lettering them for your comprehension. This is grant E. I thought I could kill two birds with one stone and use my proposal from grant D, but it turns out they want something less technical so I'm starting from scratch. I'm having a hard time switching gears to talk about the broader societal impacts of my research.

There are several things I've been meaning to blog about but haven't gathered all the thoughts in one place. Soon I want to write a post about Chip and his teaching. Ok, time to try to sleep. I've got to get on DST.

No comments: