Thursday, March 27, 2008

End of the funding season

Today I sent off my last grant of the season! Last Friday I submitted Grant F and today I sent off Grant G! These last two are the ones I am least optimistic about. There are no more firm grant deadlines that I foresee until September. Now it's just waiting, as I've only heard from Grant A.

I do have one more grant to submit before then, but it doesn't have a deadline. Grant C was only a pre-application, and I still have to submit the full application. I also have to write a mock DDIG proposal for class.

I just got lots of comments back from Sam about my permit forms. This is the big task ahead of me that I had planned to finish much earlier in the week. The bulk of it is there but I have to fill in lots of details. If I plan to do it during my Ph.D., it pretty much has to be in here. My goal is to get this done today. I think I can do it. No, I can do. I will do it. I want to be finished with this.

I am feeling so much better today. I can walk normally without much discomfort. I went outside for the first time since Sunday to mail Grant G.

No word from NSF, which is I know what most of my recent visitors are interested in. It could be any moment now...

No comments: