Monday, December 28, 2009

Oh Christmastime

Like FSP, I also have a Christmastime birthday. For years I loved this because the timing was such that I always got to celebrate my birthday with my cousins. However, on my 16th birthday I finally realized that they were really all there just for Christmas, not my birthday. Since then I've been ambivalent. Anyways.

In the past 10 days we have:
-Had a big party
-Went to another big party
-Narrowly avoid major weather-related travel delays
-Had our teeth cleaned by Jon's dentist brother
-Drove all over Jon's Hometown region with his mom's car (thanks!)
-Celebrated with Jon's family
-Flew to see my family
-Celebrated my birthday
-Celebrated Christmas and my birthday with my extended family
-Celebrated again with other extended family

And we're not home yet. Christmastime has always meant a lot of traveling for me, but this year it really feels like a lot. I was able to get some work done in Jon's hometown but I'm currently intimidated by my inbox filled with emails from Sam about the paper I desperately want to send out by Dec. 31, and many more emails from my committee about scheduling my meeting for January. I guess I need to start thinking about that again if it's going to happen. We're so close, it's just small changes, but still...

No comments: