Seriously people. Come on. I don't want anyone else in my family, or family of my family, family of friends, or friends of family to die for at least the next six months.
My maternal grandmother is in the hospital with irregular heart beats and high blood pressure. She might have had a heart attack. They're doing tests tonight to try and figure it out. Thankfully, she also has high spirits. Please keep my grandma in your thoughts and prayers.
February is a hard time of the year. It seems like a time when older people whose health has been slowly declining and people fighting terminal illness lose their struggles. So many people I know have lost friends and relatives in the past month. Let's list them by degrees of separation, shall we?
1. My sister.
2. My grandmother.
3. My little cousin's first grade teacher died suddenly of meningitis (3 people in her life in 1 week- she's worried about who will die next).
4. My friend's uncle died after a long battle with cancer.
5. Leo's graduate advisor died.
6. EGF's uncle passed away.
7. My cousin's partner's (cousin in law?) grandfather died.
8. My friend's best friend lost her mom.
9. My student's family lost a close family friend to a sudden heart attack.
10? My best friend's friend tried to kill himself twice in recent months. He has been missing since Tuesday, and his wife is pregnant with their first child.