Tuesday, February 17, 2009

encouraging words

Chip is the kind of person who just doesn't communicate much over email. This morning I sent him an email asking for feedback (if he has any) about my proposal, but knowing how he is with email I also thought I should mention it to him in person when I saw him this afternoon.

I hadn't seen Chip since my sister died. He immediately gave me a hug and asked how I was doing. He said people are far more important and science can wait. I mentioned that any feedback about my proposal should be sent sooner rather than later. Then he looked me in the eye and said, "Well Karina, I'm approaching your prelims with the same assumption as before. I think you're great." He went on to tell me how he'll choose which questions to ask in my exam.

Sometimes, you just need the right person to tell you that they think you're great. I totally forgive him for not giving me feedback yet.

1 comment:

Albatross said...

He sounds pretty great himself!