Thursday, October 14, 2010

It's all about the motorbikes

Sometimes I feel like all of my work out here revolves around motorbikes. The most recent problem: petrol. The town on the main road (the closest town with a real gas station- not like this one) ran out of petrol this week. All three gas stations were completely out of gas. As a result, there hasn't been much petrol for sale in Nyota- even less than usual. Today we couldn't do all of our work because my field assistants didn't have enough petrol in their motorbikes, and no one is selling more. Frustrating.

Aside from the perennial motorbike issues, the work is going well. I've been busy.

2 comments:

Angie said...

I've heard that a strike in France has caused fuel shortages there. Could that be impacting your area?

Karina said...

I'm not sure. I haven't been listening to the news. I should probably do that.