Thursday, July 2, 2009

I got the wrong critters

Wrong critters: 3
Right critters: 0

Well, I haven't been able to capture any of the right critters yet at
all. I got three of the wrong ones though. Maybe I should be studying
those instead.

On the bright side, the IvyBlock that Jon brought seems to be working.
Jon has gotten a few spots of rash from poison tree but nothing
compared to what would be expected considering how much of it we walk
through.

On the other hand, I have broken out in a mild rash on my FACE. I
think I touched my backpack and then put on sunscreen or something. It
isn't bad though and I don't think it's going to weep, just be bumpy.

Also a bummer- we're out of power for the second time in 3 days. It's
been super windy here. I'm on my very last bit of battery power.
Hopefully I'll be able to charge the computer this afternoon if
they're running the generator at the field station (or if they get the
power back on). But who knows? Jon says I should invest in my own
solar panels.

1 comment:

sarcozona said...

I'm loving reading about your fieldwork. Wish things were going smoother for you, but you seem to be handling it well :)