Thursday, July 16, 2009

Change of scene



As the soil changes color, so do the houses.

Having Jon here was a great excuse to explore places other than Nyota. Traveling around the region also helps me gain perspective on the issues faced in Nyota and elsewhere in Ukenzagapia. I want to know Nyota in depth, but I need to know what other places are like as well. I tried to capture a few of the different places we passed, though these photos hardly do it justice.

I love watching landscapes change as I travel. I think I could've easily been a geologist if I'd had some influential geology teachers as a kid or even if I'd taken geology earlier in my college career. I find geology fascinating for the same reason I love biology- it explains so much of why things are the way they are in the world around us. I still don't know much about geology though and I often wish I had my own personal geologist guide to travel with. Any volunteers?

No comments: