the grant that my prelim proposal was written for. These pieces were
completely beyond my control. I finally got them, so I have everything
I need to submit.
However, the original plan was to submit this grant in March or early
April. It has no preliminary data. I would hear back in about 6
months, and expect to re-submit in October with preliminary data
collected from this summer. Now it's nearly July. If I submit now
without preliminary data, I won't hear back until January. I'll
probably still have to resubmit, in which case I won't hear until next
Now my options are:
1. Go ahead and submit now while I've got it all together.
2. Wait until I finish collecting and analyzing preliminary data from
this summer and incorporate it into my proposal.
I asked Herb what I should do, but the jury is out. What do you think?
I'll post Herb's advice in the comments after I get some advice from