Monday, January 25, 2010

Getting ready to go

I've spent most of the day working on logistics for my next trip to the field. I am looking at departing at the end of February and returning in early May. Based on my calculations, I need about 9 weeks in Ukenzagapia to accomplish everything for this trip.

Here's what I've done today:
-Priced out airfare and emailed a travel agent for a quote. Tickets are thankfully relatively inexpensive this time.
-Placed an order for equipment.
-Identified other items that still need to be acquired, repaired, or replaced.
-Examined my budget. This time I have 3 pots of money from which to cover expenses. I'm trying to determine the best way to use each of them to minimize the $$$ that we have to float using our own funds (I can't get reimbursed for some of the in-country cash expenses until I return).

I've still got a lot to figure out, but I'm starting to check things off. I think I'll get my plane tickets this week, and then I'll have a departure date for sure! I'm getting excited to go back.

No comments: