Monday, January 28, 2008

Oh geeze...

...I think I've inadvertently discovered the identity of another anonymous female science blogger. I've been reading her blog for a couple months now and I am about 95% sure that my university is interviewing her tomorrow. Eek! What are the chances?

Ok, so how do I know? I just got the CV of this week's candidate and I immediately noticed a few unusual things and thought, "Hey, that sounds like blogger X!" So I went and read a few posts, read some older posts, and yep, I'm pretty sure it's her as there are 3 different things that seem to match up. I think I'll know definitely when I meet her tomorrow. If it's not her, then these two people have a lot in common and should probably get together for coffee sometime.

I'm kind of excited about this but uncomfortable at the same time since I too am trying to remain anonymous in my blogging. I think she has revealed even less about her area of research than I have, which makes me nervous. Part of me hopes I'm wrong about the identity of this person. Then again, this would be a really huge coincidence.

Ok, back to reading school stuff (like her papers).

3 comments:

Karina said...

AAAAHHHHHHHH! It really is her! I'm sure of it! And I've already met her!!! And I think she maybe even went to my high school... I can't remember if that was her. I can't believe this. Ok, I'm REALLY going to do work now.

Paulina said...

how very weird!

Unknown said...

If someone were to figure out my identity, I'd like to know, just so I can stop deluding myself into thinking that nobody knows who I am. However, I'd rather not have them come up to me in person and tell me they think they know my secret blogger identity! :) Nor, would I like for them to comment on my blog and say, "I think I know who you are." But, a nice email would be great, I think. It might not be a big deal to her. Perhaps she blogs anonymously just so her blog isn't the first thing that comes up when you Google her. But, if she is really trying to protect her identity, finding out that someone has figured out who she is might prompt her to change her blogging habits.