Monday, August 15, 2011

Motivation from the meeting

I love the big ecology meeting and this year was no exception! I saw some great presentations, got new ideas, met interesting people, and caught up with friends. I talked with several people who have similar research interests and I'm likely to collaborate with one of them. I gave out and collected lots of cards. I learned that I don't want to do another poster for a while.

More than anything, though, it has inspired me to think about a conference presentation timeline for parts of my dissertation. I want to give a presentation at next year's meeting on the final results of the project I did a poster on this year, and maybe present a different piece of that research at a smaller conference earlier in the summer. It will help me to have these deadlines on my calendar.

2 comments:

sarcozona said...

So why don't you want to give another poster?

Karina said...

I didn't get very many visitors. I think it was just a bad time. Besides, it's probably about time I give a real stand-up-in-front presentation at a meeting :-)