Thursday, November 26, 2009

Blogs I am thankful for

I am thankful for all of the bloggers out there from whom I have received insight, entertainment, wisdom, and food for thought.  The least I can do is thank all of you and hopefully send some new readers your way. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Blogs by scientists of one sort or another
FemaleScienceProfessor
Sciencewomen
Uncommon Ground*^
Professor Chaos*
On Becoming a Domestic and Laboratory Goddess
Janus Professor, My Travels in a Two-Body Life
Wondering Albatross*
The Happy Scientist*
Liberal Arts Lady
Twice
Bug Girl's Blog*
Whoop*
What we don't know is A LOT
Muddy Misadventures*
Working Through the Blue*
Postcards from an intellectual odyssey
Pondering Pikaia*
More Than A Permanent Student*
A Lady Scientist
Gravity's Rainbow *
Transient Theorist*^
There's a War Under the Bed*
49 Percent
Academia and Me
Penn*
Journeys of an Academic
Mistress of Science
Ph.D. To Be
All of My Faults Are Stress Related
A Natural Scientist
Grad Ovaries
Academic Ecology
Towards a Ph.D.
The EBB and Flow *^

Other awesome blogs by people who may or may not consider themselves scientists
Bitch, Ph.D.
The Clutter Museum
Professing Mama
Pretty Hard, Dammit
Free-Range Kids

I'll post this in my sidebar in a few days. If you're not on this list and you want to be, comment on this thread.

*= blogger that does some kind of research/education/blogging related to ecology or evolutionary biology (to the best of my knowledge)

^= dude (at least one if the blog has multiple authors- apparently most of my favorite bloggers are women)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the recognition and thanks for stopping by Uncommon Ground. I'm glad you find it useful, and I'm just as glad that Ruminations here. Keep up the good work and Happy Holidays!

Fia said...

Thanks to you, too! I enjoy reading your blog, and thanks for naming my blog (although I've been a bit lazy lately). Have a relaxed weekend.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link! I love that you've marked other EEB related blogs. When I first started reading science blogs I had trouble finding biology blogs that weren't molecular or medical focused.

penn said...

thanks! haha, yes, I do ecology/environmental education now. I still sometimes miss research, but I'm not sure how I'd get back into it. I found huge gaps in my knowledge when I went to grad school, so I almost think I'd have to go back and do another MS to really learn from the ground up. Or I'd have to enter a PhD program that is really supportive and would help me cover some of my deficiencies (which became the problem last time I attempted a PhD).