Friday, June 25, 2010

Clever, I hope

I've been having a problematic recurrence with the experiment I set up in Ukenzagapia. My field assistants and Sam think it has one source, and I think it has another. It's important to determine the source of the problem but I've been at a loss (especially since I'm not in Ukenzagapia right now). Finally, I came up with a solution that is pretty damn clever. I talked to my field assistants yesterday and they are putting it in action today. I hope this plan works!

In other news, I've finally gotten two of my three reimbursements for the thousands of dollars I spent. Thank you, bureaucracy.


Jax said...

I bet this is one of those situations you wish you weren't blogging under a pseudonym... I mean, how awesome would it be to expound on the details, so that everyone knew just how clever it really was!

Coming up with interesting/creative solutions to difficult problems is one of my favorite parts about fieldwork, and science in general. In my opinion, it's what makes science fun!

Karina said...

Yeah, it would be cool to explain it. I've explained it to my mom and a friend in real life who reads the blog because they were dying to know :-)