Wednesday, June 2, 2010

2011, not 2010!

A while ago I posted that I should submit an article for a special issue and the deadline was June 1. I lamented that the deadline was then because later I'll surely have even better stuff to submit. Now that it is June 2, I went to close that email (I have the obnoxious habit of leaving emails open in Mail until I deal with them- it drives Jon nuts) and just saw that the deadline is June 1, 2011. So, I guess I might be able to submit something after all :-)

In other news, I just emailed the forms for my permit renewal! Woo hoo! Another big thing off my plate. Now I just have to figure out how to pay them!

4 comments:

EcoGeoFemme said...

That's like finding a $20 in your winter coat from last year!

Good for you for getting the permit stuff in. I'm always amazed at how good I feel when I finish a task I've been putting off, and how it is typically much easier than I thought!

Unknown said...

I also leave my emails open in my inbox until I have addressed them. How else are you supposed to keep track of emails needing a response or an action? What does Jon do? Maybe he is really good at responding to everything immediately. Not me.

Karina said...

I don't use webmail, I download it, so I literally leave multiple windows open (one for each message). Pretty much all of my email stays in my inbox- I have over 15,000. I delete stuff that is really useless, but a lot of it is correspondence, and I do frequently search my mail for older correspondence for one reason or another so it really is useful for me to keep it. Jon flags stuff until he deals with it and then deletes or files everything. Mostly he deletes. I am obviously the pack rat in our relationship :-) Then again, he also doesn't have a computer-based day job.

Karina said...

EGF I think you're right about things that feel onerous actually being not that bad. I think tomorrow I might be able to do 90% of what is left to do before I can resubmit that short note from months ago. That would make me so happy!