Wednesday, August 8, 2007

ESA in San Jose

The Ecological Society of America has its annual meeting this year in San Jose, California. It seems like everyone I know in the field of ecology is at this conference and I have to admit I'm feeling a bit left out of the fun. Friends of mine from the field station, nerd camp, and my advisors are all there. Instead of seeing friends, networking, going on field trips around San Jose, and hearing about exciting new ecological research, I'm in the process of moving halfway across the county in 95+ degree heat.

I've never been to a real research conference so I'm really looking forward to it. I went to an undergraduate research symposium but that hardly counts. I imagine ESA to be an exciting gathering of people who love to talk about the same things I do. Hopefully I'll be able to go next year when it's in Milwaukee, even if I don't have anything to present yet.

No comments: