Sunday, April 28, 2013

Dr. Karina Anirak!

I passed! I think the revisions required for my dissertation are miraculously minor (although it's not 100% clear to me what they are yet). I did it. This crazy beast is 99.9999% done. I should be able to finish the revisions in the next few weeks, and then I'll hold on to my dissertation until I have a job. My committee has endorsed my backup plan of staying on as a TA in the fall if nothing else comes through.

One question that I think my readers can answer for me- when do I officially get to be called Dr.? Now that I've passed my defense? When I get my diploma?

4 comments:

jaxzwolf said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :D

Alyssa said...

Yay! Congrats!

Definitely can be called Dr. now...some place you don't receive your diploma for several months after you defend. Officially, though , I don't know what the rule is.

gigirose said...

YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!! Knew you could do it.
And yes, you're a Dr. NOW! Whee!!

African Fieldworker said...

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!