Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Science Badges

These badges are from The Science Creative Quarterly, Order of the Science Scouts of Exemplary Repute and Above Average Physique.

Here's an explanation of my badges, from left to right. You can read lengthier descriptions of them by clicking on the link above.

The “talking science” badge.


The “I blog about science” badge.

The “MacGyver” badge.
It says that display of this badge must be accompanied by an explanation. Honestly I think I've applied my scientific prowess so many times that I can't think of a good example. At the very least I've saved a few people from disastrous encounters with poison ivy.

The “arts and crafts” badge.

The “inappropriate nocturnal use of lab equipment in the name of alternative science experimentation / communication” badge.

The “destroyer of quackery” badge.

The “sexing up science” badge.
I've selectively bred a lot of mice.

The “will glady kick sexual harasser’s ass” badge.

The “has frozen stuff just to see what happens” badge (LEVEL I)
Who hasn't done this?

The “inordinately fond of invertebrate” badge.


The “I know what a tadpole is” badge.

The “statistical linear regression” badge.

The “I’ve set fire to stuff” badge (LEVEL I).

During graduate school my goal is to be able to add:
The “respect me - I’ve published at an upper tier publication for popular science readership” badge.
The “worship me - I’ve published in Nature or Science” badge.
The “world’s foremost expert on an obscure subject” badge.

And for what I want to study I'll have to add:
The “works with feces” badge.

In case anyone is wondering, I had to copy/paste the individual badges together in Photoshop. It was a bit tedious but you can use my badge image as a size template to get it right if you're trying to add badges to your own blogger blog.

No comments: